set out here-in-below, govern the usage of information contained on the website, or any of the page(s) comprising the website, or specific section(s) or module(s) of this website by “visitors” and / or “subscribers” (hereinafter cumulatively referred to as “you” or “your”).
“Terms & Conditions for using this website”
The term “Sathiyam Institute of Journalism & Broadcasting (SIJB)” or ‘us’ or ‘we’ or ‘our’ refers to the educational arm of M/s. Sathiyam Media Vision Pvt. Ltd., with its Administrative Office at No.1, Kamaraj Park Street, Royapuram, Chennai – 600 013.
The term ‘you’ refers to the user or viewer or subscriber of this website.
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without any notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meets your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is ‘owned by’ or ‘licensed to’ us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All Trade Marks reproduced in this website which are not the property of, or licensed to, the operator are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorized use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be deemed a criminal offence.
- This website may from time to time, also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience and do not signify that we endorse the website(s) accessed by these links. We have no responsibility for the content of such linked website(s).
- You may not create a link to this website from another website or document without our prior written consent.
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of India and the jurisdiction of the courts in Chennai.
- We as an educational service shall be under no liability whatsoever in respect of any loss or damage arising directly or indirectly out of the decline of authorization for any Transaction, on Account of the Cardholder having exceeded the preset limit mutually agreed by us with our acquiring bank from time to time”.
“Sathiyam Institute of Journalism & Broadcasting (SIJB)” is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified while using this website, you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
“Sathiyam Institute of Journalism & Broadcasting (SIJB)” may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 1st August’ 2015.
We may collect the following information with the necessary testimonials:
- Name, Age, present Educational Qualifications and Job Title if any.
- Details of the course applied for.
- Contact information including Address, Phone Numbers & Email address
- Physical Information such as complexion, blood group etc.
- Details of immediate family members.
- Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- Any other information relevant to the purpose for which such information ‘is / will be’ collected.
What we do with the information we gather:
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve the quality of our services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new courses and services, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customize the website according to your interests.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
- A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyze web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
- We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyze data about webpage traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to user needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
- Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
- You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to the Administrative Office address mentioned here above.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
Sathiyam Institute of Journalism & Broadcasting (SIJB),
No.1, Kamaraj Park Street
Chennai – 600 013.
Telephone No: (+91) 44 66788888.
E-Mail ID: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The information contained in this website is for general information purposes only. The information is provided by “Sathiyam Institute of Journalism & Broadcasting (SIJB)” and while we endeavor to keep the information up to date and correct, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained on the website for any purpose. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk.
- In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.
- Through this website you may be able to link to other websites which are not under the control of “Sathiyam Institute of Journalism & Broadcasting (SIJB)”. We have no control over the nature, content and availability of those sites. The inclusion of any links does not necessarily imply a recommendation or endorse the views expressed within them.
- Every effort is made to keep the website up and running smoothly. However, “Sathiyam Institute of Journalism & Broadcasting (SIJB)” takes no responsibility for, and will not be liable for, the website being temporarily unavailable due to technical issues beyond our control.
Refund & Withdrawal of Registration Policy
- The user(s) / subscriber(s) are expected to collect all the relevant information, as provided in this website before he / she decides to transact.
- Once the transaction has happened for the selected purpose, which is registering for the educational courses offered, requests for refunds will not be entertained for any reason whatsoever.
- To request a withdrawal of registration for any reason whatsoever, simply contact us with your registration details and we will comply with the request, within 7 working days of receipt of such request. However, no requests for refunds – either in full or partial – will be entertained along with such withdrawal(s) of registration(s).
- We as an educational service shall be under no liability whatsoever in respect of any loss or damage arising directly or indirectly out of the decline of authorization for any Transaction, on Account of the Cardholder having exceeded the preset limit mutually agreed by us with our acquiring bank from time to time.